21 POINT REFRIGERATION SYSTEM SAFETY INSPECTION CHECKLIST
Available for any type of HVAC Service
WE CAN HELP
Above and Beyond Industry Standard
Our 21 Point Refrigeration System Safety inspection goes beyond the industry standard inspection. Our technicians are thorough and will give you a comprehensive report of your refrigeration unit(s) with any recommendations on service, repair, or replacements you may need. Information is important and we make sure our clients are well informed before making any decisions about their units. But you’re probably thinking “Hey! My system works fine? Why do I need to have it inspected?” Well, we’ll tell you.
When you first installed it, you knew that it was in for long haul. You also knew that in a region where summertime temperatures routinely rise to triple digits your unit was bound to have a pretty big job to do. Early on, it never failed to rise to the occasion, but now you’re hearing strange noises, smelling strange smells and receiving excessive energy bills for performance that’s suddenly begun to fall far below standard.
It’s a known fact that the harder anything works, the faster it will start to wear out. With excessive dust, heat and hard work small and easily fixable problems can quickly escalate into major malfunctions where the repairs will be both costly and time-consuming. On the first day that outside temperatures soar to 110 degrees, you could find yourself forced to shut down your business entirely. This is the last thing your company wants to face. If you’ve been skipping inspections, though, don’t be surprised if it happens to you.
The 21 points for Refrigeration Inspection Checklist
To keep your unit up to the challenge, call Windy City Air and schedule that vital inspection today.
- Asked you if there are any special concerns about your refrigeration system.
- Removed the electrical disconnect cover & tightened the connections.
- Visually inspected the condenser for any type of damage.
- Visually inspected the copper tubing for leakage or damage.
- Check insulation for loose or leaking connections.
- Chemically cleaned the condenser coil & rinse if water is available.
- Checked the circuit board & wiring for scorched or discoloration.
- Tightened all electrical connections.
- Check for proper voltage to the condenser.
- Checked the thermostat for proper mounting, location and setting.
- Checked cleaned and replaced water filters if part of the contract.
- If moto is belt driven, replace if part of contract.
- Checked the discharge pressure of the system freon levels (R22 refrigerant?).
- Checked the suction pressure of the system freon levels.
- Checked the condenser fan blade for balance & clean.
- Checked the amp draw of the condenser fan motor.
- Checked the amp draw of the compressor.
- Checked the amp draw of the blower motor.
- Checked the temperature drop across the evaporator. ^T is 17 – 21 deg.F
- Checked the temperature inside the box.
- Checked super heat & sub-cooling.