Air conditioning is a lifesaver during the hot summer months, as long as you stay indoors. But what if you need to be outside in the scorching heat? Thankfully, there’s a simple solution: a homemade neck cooler that will make even the hottest days more bearable.
Here’s what you need to get started:
- A 36×4 inch piece of cotton fabric
- Liquid marbles or water absorbing crystals (found in the floral section of craft stores or the lawn and garden section of home improvement stores)
- A sewing machine
Then just follow these simple steps:
- Sew the fabric into a tube shape, leaving one end open
- Turn the tube inside out so that the stitching is on the inside
- Fill the tube with the liquid marbles or crystals, making sure it doesn’t get too full
- Stitch the open end shut
Soak your neck cooler in water for 10-15 minutes, then keep it in the refrigerator until you need it. You now have your own portable air conditioning device.
For the best AC repair in Las Vegas, call Windy City Air today at (702) 932-7284.
Main photo by DanaK~WaterPenny